Lafayette Personal Injury Lawyer
The area that is now known as Lafayette was first settled by the French. Once these settlers intermarried with the Acadians in the mid-18th century, Cajun culture sprouted from these unions. In 1824, this area was selected for the seat of Lafayette Parish and was thus named Vermillionville and was incorporated in 1836. Although, the current name Lafayette was given to the city in 1884, as a nod to General Lafayette. To this day the city is considered to be the center of Cajun culture in the state and is the fourth-largest city in Louisiana with a populace of around 126,000. Such a bustling city has seen its fair share of problems, especially when it comes to personal injuries. But the key to navigating through these times is having a good personal injury lawyer to back you up. Choosing the personal injury attorneys of the Murphy Law Firm ensures that we’re behind you in the following cases:
- Workers Compensation: Don’t let your boss drag his feet. You deserve to be compensated in the event that you’re hurt at work.
- Dangerous Drugs: Some medications are just too strong or have warning labels a mile long. Who should be held responsible when it hurts you?
- Premises Liability: Someone should be held responsible when you’ve been hurt on another’s property.
- Mass Tort & Class Action: Your experience could be shared by many. Take a stand with a group of people.
- Automobile Accidents: Don’t handle your car accident case on your own, no matter how set things seem.
- 18-wheeler Accidents: Truck companies have insurance corporations on their side. We can help to ensure that you get fair compensation.
- Maritime Accidents: Laws can be pretty complicated when injuries occur on the water. Luckily, we can help.
- Malpractice: You know your doctor has done this procedure before, so why did yours go so wrong? Let’s see if someone can be held responsible.
- Mesothelioma: Don’t let someone hide their negligence away in your walls. Asbestos is a serious issue that causes numerous health problems each year!
- Wrongful Death: Negligence can have lethal consequences. See what can be done when someone’s negligence leads to the death of a loved one.
Lafayette sees a fair share of serious and fatal accidents. If you or someone you love has been hurt in an accident, you need to get a personal injury attorney. Murphy Law Firm has a team of personal injury lawyers with over 150 years of combined experience. We don’t back down from the insurance companies, and we promise to fight for maximum compensation for all of our clients. Don’t be a victim twice. Call our team of personal injury lawyers at (225) 928-8800.