Lafayette Personal Injury Lawyer
The area that is now known as Lafayette was first settled by the French. Once these settlers intermarried with the Acadians in the mid-18th century, Cajun culture sprouted from these unions. In 1824, this area was selected for the seat of Lafayette Parish and was thus named Vermillionville and was incorporated in 1836. Although, the current name Lafayette was given to the city in 1884, as a nod to General Lafayette. To this day the city is considered to be the center of Cajun culture in the state and is the fourth-largest city in Louisiana with a populace of around 126,000. Such a bustling city has seen its fair share of problems, especially when it comes to personal injuries. But the key to navigating through these times is having a good personal injury lawyer to back you up. Choosing the personal injury attorneys of the Murphy Law Firm ensures that we’re behind you in the following cases:
- Defective Medical Devices: In the event that a medical device causes more harm than good, it’s time to call in the professionals.
- Workers Compensation: When you’re hurt at work, it can be difficult to navigate a now hostile situation. Let’s tone things down.
- Dangerous Drugs: Sometimes some medication is too hard for us to handle, but your doctor took the risk. Now you’re paying for it. So let’s make someone else pay for their actions.
- Mass Tort & Class Action: Looking to take a stand against a corporation? Your case could be better off in a group with others.
- Automobile Accidents: No matter if you were in a simple fender bender or a severe crash, car accidents can be pretty hard to bounce back from. Let our professional car accident lawyers help you out.
- 18-wheeler Accidents: Truck accidents are often due to the negligence of the truck drivers. Don’t let them get away with their lack of care!
- Maritime Accidents: In the event that you get hurt on open waters, you’re going to need some navigation. Maritime laws can be difficult to grasp, so get the help you need with us!
- Mesothelioma: Any asbestos should have been handled a long time ago. So why do you have mesothelioma? Let’s do something about it.
- Wrongful Death: It’s hard enough when a loved one dies. But when their death could’ve been prevented, it’s hard to even think straight. Let us help you get through this trying time.
- Premises Liability: When you’ve been hurt on someone else’s property, something could be done about it!
- Malpractice: Doctors who don’t take the necessary precautions should be held responsible for their negligence.
Lafayette sees a fair share of serious and fatal accidents. If you or someone you love has been hurt in an accident, you need to get a personal injury attorney. Murphy Law Firm has a team of personal injury lawyers with over 150 years of combined experience. We don’t back down from the insurance companies, and we promise to fight for maximum compensation for all of our clients. Don’t be a victim twice. Call our team of personal injury lawyers at (225) 928-8800.