Plaquemine Personal Injury Lawyer
Initially inhabited by the Chitimacha, Plaquemine was settled by Europeans by 1775 and was named after the Native American word “Plakemine”, which means persimmon. Thanks to its location at a junction between the Mississippi River and Bayou Plaquemine, the village was able to grow quickly and became incorporated as a town in 1838. Since then, the city has been the seat of Iberville Parish and the populace has remained around seven thousand for several decades. But such a peaceful city does see its fair share of accidents. When these occur, you need to be ready to take the next steps. A personal injury attorney like Peyton Murphy can help you out with cases like:
- Defective Medical Devices: In the event that a medical device causes more harm than good, it’s time to call in the professionals.
- Workers Compensation: When you’re hurt at work, it can be difficult to navigate a now hostile situation. Let’s tone things down.
- Dangerous Drugs: Sometimes some medication is too hard for us to handle, but your doctor took the risk. Now you’re paying for it. So let’s make someone else pay for their actions.
- Mass Tort & Class Action: Looking to take a stand against a corporation? Your case could be better off in a group with others.
- Automobile Accidents: No matter if you were in a simple fender bender or a severe crash, car accidents can be pretty hard to bounce back from. Let our professional car accident lawyers help you out.
- 18-wheeler Accidents: Truck accidents are often due to the negligence of the truck drivers. Don’t let them get away with their lack of care!
- Maritime Accidents: In the event that you get hurt on open waters, you’re going to need some navigation. Maritime laws can be difficult to grasp, so get the help you need with us!
- Mesothelioma: Any asbestos should have been handled a long time ago. So why do you have mesothelioma? Let’s do something about it.
- Wrongful Death: It’s hard enough when a loved one dies. But when their death could’ve been prevented, it’s hard to even think straight. Let us help you get through this trying time.
- Premises Liability: When you’ve been hurt on someone else’s property, something could be done about it!
- Malpractice: Doctors who don’t take the necessary precautions should be held responsible for their negligence.
Plaquemine has seen a few fatal car accidents in the recent years. Including a tragic fatality this past new year’s ever. If you or someone you know has been hurt or killed in an accidents, you need to get an experienced team of personal injury lawyers to stand up for you. The team of personal injury attorneys at Murphy Law Firm have over 150 years of combined litigation experience, and insurance companies know that we aren’t afraid to go to trial if that is what it takes to get our clients maximum compensation. Don’t be a victim twice. Call Murphy Law Firm today at (225) 928-8800 and speak with our team of personal injury lawyers.