baton rouge PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER
Baton Rouge is the second biggest city in Louisiana and is a thriving metro. But it wasn’t always the city it is today. The earliest inhabitants in the area were dated to have been around 6500 BCE. And it wasn’t until 1721 that the land was settled by European settlers. The name “Baton Rouge” came from the native americans a few decades before that had split the land and put a red stick (istrouma) in the middle to show where the border was. Since, the city had been and continues to be a center of politics, cultural involvement, and growth.
Today, the city has an estimated populace of around 225,000 people. With so many people, all kinds of accidents are a nearly everyday occurrence. Thankfully, Murphy Law Firm manages many types of personal injury cases so no matter what you’ve been through, we might be able to help:
- Automobile Accidents: Car accident cases may seem simple, but having a lawyer who knows their stuff could be the difference between a lost and a won case.
- 18-wheeler Accidents: Truck drivers are often the cause of truck accidents. So why don’t we hold someone responsible?
- Maritime Accidents: Accidents on open water are also open to a lot of confusing, complicated laws. Get the help you need from someone who knows what they’re talking about.
- Mesothelioma: Mesothelioma cases are rare these days, simply because asbestos shouldn’t be around anymore! It’s time to hold someone responsible.
- Wrongful Death: It can be pretty shocking when a loved one dies very suddenly. Especially when that death could’ve been prevented with the proper care.
- Defective Medical Devices: Medical devices are meant to help you, not hurt you. See if anything can be done about it with Murphy.
- Workers Compensation: Being hurt at work doesn’t mean you don’t deserve compensation for those injuries, time lost, etc.
- Mass Tort & Class Action: When your case can fit with a much larger group, don’t go in alone! Let us help you.
- Dangerous Drugs: Many drugs meant to help us can also be hazardous to our health. But something can be done about it.
- Premises Liability: Buildings and land are expected to be up to code and if they aren’t, someone could get seriously hurt.
- Malpractice: Your procedure should’ve been easy, so why are you worse off than before? It may be time to hold your doctor accountable.
The amount of car accidents in Baton Rouge is, more often than not, much higher than the average for the rest of the state. In 2017 alone, we saw 52 fatalities from car accidents alone. This doesn’t even cover other accidents that people have felt. Just because it happens more often in Baton Rouge, that doesn’t mean we cannot do something when these tragedies occur. Call 225.928.8800 and talk to a professional at Murphy Law Firm today to get started on your case.