INFORMATION AND WHAT TO DO
People who suffer injuries such as facial injuries may often experience severe pain and sometimes it may require a costly medical treatment, including procedures performed by skilled plastic surgeons to try and prevent permanent scarring. Even after treatment, people who suffer injuries may be left with scars that affect them for the rest of their lives. Victims of car accidents who suffer permanent scarring may be entitled to compensation for their loss.
Common Causes Of Scarring From Car Accidents
- Flying objects like broken glass and loose items
- Fires and explosions which can result in the skin being badly burned
- Air bag deployment which can injure the face on contact
- Contact with the dashboard or steering wheel of the car
- Preventing infection can help prevent unnecessary inflammation which can increase the size of wounds resulting in larger, unsightly scars
- Scarring is an integral part of the healing process. Assuming the wound does not become infected, physicians plan excisions to minimize the cosmetic defects produced by scars
How It Can Affect Your Life
Your quality of life can be reduced and can cause chronic emotional and physical pain. Permanent scarring can cause you to lose self esteem and affect your social life as well. Treatments for scars are expensive and can cause you more financial problems.
Since scars are permanent, the only way to get rid of them is through surgical scar revision. This may take 1 to 2 weeks. Healing will continue for several weeks and as the new scar heals it will slowly refine and fade.
The Personal Injury Attorneys at Murphy Law Firm are Here for You
Permanent scarring can have a major affect on your life. The parties responsible for your scars need to be held accountable for their actions. The compassionate personal injury lawyers at Murphy Law Firm are here to help you recover from your accident. We aggressively pursue maximum compensation for your injuries even if we have to go to court and fight. We will never settle your case for less than it is worth. You can count on our team of personal injury lawyers to help you navigate the difficult times following a serious accident that leaves you permanently scarred.