lafayette PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER
The area that is now known as Lafayette was first settled by French settlers. Once these settlers intermarried with Acadians in the mid-18th century, Cajun culture sprouted from these unions. In 1824, this area was selected for the seat of Lafayette Parish and was thus named Vermillionville and was incorporated in 1836. Although, the current name Lafayette was given to the city in 1884, as a nod to the General Lafayette. To this day the city is considered to be the center of Cajun culture in the state and is the fourth-largest city in Louisiana with a populace of around 126,000. Such a bustling city has seen it’s fair share of problems every so often, especially when it comes to personal injuries. But the key to navigating through these times is having a good lawyer to back you up. Choosing Murphy Law Firm ensures that we’re behind you in the following cases:
- Workers Compensation: Don’t let your boss drag his feet. You deserve to be compensated in the event that you’re hurt at work.
- Dangerous Drugs: Some medications are just too strong or have warning labels a mile long. Who should be held responsible when it hurts you?
- Premises Liability: Someone should be held responsible when you’ve been hurt on another’s property.
- Mass Tort & Class Action: Your experience could be shared by many. Take a stand with a group of people.
- Automobile Accidents: Don’t handle your car accident case on your own, no matter how set things seem.
- 18-wheeler Accidents: Truck companies have insurance corporations on their side. We can help to ensure that you get a fair case.
- Maritime Accidents: Laws can be pretty complicated when injuries occur on the water. Luckily, we can help.
- Malpractice: You know your doctor had done this procedure before, so why did yours go so wrong? Let’s see if someone can be held responsible.
- Mesothelioma: Don’t let someone hide their negligence away in your walls. Asbestos is a serious issue that causes numerous health issues each year!
- Wrongful Death: Negligence can have lethal consequences. See what can be done when someone’s negligence leads to the death of a loved one.
In 2017, Lafayette had 35 people involved in fatal car crashes. Of these 35, 12 had unfortunately died. And these are only the fatal car crashes. There have been numerous crashes where people have not died and other accidents that individuals require help with. If you or a loved one has been in an accident, you know that you deserve to be compensated. Call us at 225.928.8800 and find what you need to get your case off the ground.