new orleans PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER
New Orleans was founded in 1718 by the French. But what many don’t know is that the city was under Spanish rule for a time before being turned back over to the French. Much of the 18th century architecture in the French Quarter is from this Spanish rule. In 1803, the city was included in the famous Louisiana Purchase and quickly grew with hordes of Americans, Creoles, and more. And since then, New Orleans has seen many battles and wars, such as the Battle of New Orleans and the Civil War. By the mid 1800’s, New Orleans had become one of the biggest cities in the nation—in wealth, populace, and imports. Since then, New Orleans has kept its status as a major port and is a popular tourist hotspot for its one of a kind culture.
But this bustling city isn’t immune to accidents in everyday life. Because life doesn’t stop in the Big Easy, you need to be ready when tragedy strikes. Make sure you have a lawyer like Peyton Murphy on speed dial when you’ve been in accidents such as:
- Wrongful Death: When a loved one has died due to the lack of care of another, something can be done about it.
- Defective Medical Devices: Medical devices are meant to help, so why do you feel even worse than before?
- Workers Compensation: When you’ve been hurt on the job, you deserve to be compensated right? What happens when you don’t get what you deserve?
- Mass Tort & Class Action: Don’t be afraid to take a stand against a company when you have a competent group of lawyers behind you.
- Automobile Accidents: You might think you can win your case on your own, but this is never a good plan. Even if all obvious signs point to the person who hit your car, a lawyer can make sure everything goes smoothly.
- 18-wheeler Accidents: As a bustling city, truck accidents happen fairly often. But that doesn’t make it an easy thing to deal with.
- Maritime Accidents: Accidents happen often in Lake Pontchartrain, but what laws apply here? Don’t worry, we can help.
- Mesothelioma: Is your property full of asbestos without your knowledge? Something can be done about that.
- Dangerous Drugs: When your prescription hurts you, it’s time to figure out who’s at fault here. The doctors or the medicine company?
- Premises Liability: Something might be able to be done in the event that you’ve been injured on someone else’s property. Can someone be held accountable?
- Malpractice: Your doctor’s negligence created more problems than there was before. Can something be done about this?
Overall, New Orleans sees a large number of fatalities brought on by car crashes each year. In 2017, there were 12 fatalities but 35 people were involved. The year before, in 2016, there were 16 deaths out of 41 involved individuals. While the number has gone down, New Orleans sees many more accidents than most cities in Louisiana and someone needs to be there for the victims in their moment of need. That’s where we come in. Murphy Law Firm can be reached by phone at 225.928.8800. Call us today and let’s begin forming your case.