Not all accidents happen because of poor, in-the-moment decision making. Sometimes, they arise due to a problem that could’ve been easily prevented by routine maintenance. Every time you go in and ensure your car is up to date with routine maintenance, you’re ensuring that you are driving a safe vehicle. Get the information you need from a car wreck lawyer in Baton Rouge.
What Parts of My Car Will I Have to Replace Most Often?
There are pieces of our cars that need replacing every so often to avoid accidents. Here is a breakdown of what you need to do—and when—to stay as safe as possible on the road.
- Oil Change – Sure, this is usually far back in our minds. This is why our car will remind us when it’s low, or we’ll get a sticker with a suggested date from the last time you changed the oil. It can feel like a drag to pay upwards of $60, but it’s actually saving you from spending thousands. When you skip your oil changes, your engine can take a real beating. Eventually, it can warp from the heat or break entirely. Be aware of how much oil is in your car and bring it in for an oil change every three months or so.
- Air Filter – Not just because you should breathe clean air, but because these filters affect the quality of your engine and your speed. If your car is impaired, it can cause trouble not only for you but for fellow drivers in the future.
- Windshield Wipers – These blades need replacing every year or so in typical situations. However, as residents in a hotter climate, it’s smarter to replace them more often. If you have subpar wipers during an intense storm, there’s a big chance that you could crash into something you can’t see. When you get your windshield wipers changed out, make sure you know the size you need. You can often find this information in your owner’s manual.
- Brake Pads – If your brake pads are worn to the metal, you can not only damage your car but have a difficult time stopping in general.
- Battery – It may be less dangerous, but it’s still inconvenient. Don’t put yourself at risk of being stuck waiting for a tow truck or someone to come jump your battery.
- Headlights – If you don’t often drive at night, it may come as a shock to find out that your headlights are broken. But without them, you’re a danger to everyone on the road.
If you feel your car needs something replaced, visit your local auto shop. It’s not only important to your safety, but everyone around you as well. If you have been in a car accident, contact a car wreck lawyer in Baton Rouge you can trust. Contact Murphy Law Firm.
Don’t Wait. Get Help From A Car Wreck Lawyer In Baton Rouge
At Murphy Law Firm, safety is one of our biggest priorities. However, even if we take care of our cars, sometimes accidents happen. If you are in a car wreck, don’t be a victim twice! Get the help you deserve from a competent car wreck lawyer in Baton Rouge. Get a free consultation or call 225-928-8800 today.